Department of Invertebrate Zoology
- Natural History Research Experiences
paid internship, dealine Feb 1.
- Research and Collections Internships
paid and volunteer internships for high school and college students, apply anytime. For projects, see: Research Assistance biological, Collection Management biological. Please contact a curator or staff member of interest or Tim Coffer.
- We have many volunteers assisting researchers and collections staff, with tasks that include working in collections, digital imaging, databasing, bibliographic work, GIS, preparing species pages for Encyclopedia of Life, and more.
- Graduate Student Fellowship — 10-week term, deadline Dec 1
- Predoctoral Fellowship — 3–12 months, deadline Dec 1
- Postdoctoral and Senior Fellowship — 1 or 2–year term, deadline Dec 1
- Peter Buck Graduate (1–2 years) and Postdoctoral Fellowships (2–3 years) — deadline Dec 1
- Link Foundation/Smithsonian Graduate Fellowships in Marine Science — 3 months, deadline Feb 15, at the Smithsonian Marine Station at Fort Pierce, Florida
- Minority Visiting Students — 10 week term, deadlines Feb 1 and Oct 1
- Smithsonian Biodiversity Genomics Postdoctoral Fellowship — 1 or 2–year term, deadline Dec 1
- Smithsonian Marine Science Network Fellowship — deadline TBD
- See this section for criteria for Adjunct Scientist, Research Associate, Research Collaborator, Research Student, Visiting Scientist, and Emeritus status.
[ TOP ]